the classic tee free pattern | elbow length sleeves

A few weeks ago I shared a free pattern for a classic tee shirt in women’s size large. I included two sleeve lengths on the pattern – short sleeve and elbow length. I wanted to give you a look at how the top looks with the longer sleeve length.

Get the free sewing pattern for a classic tee shirt and learn how easy it is to sew a t-shirt.

To get a copy of the free pattern, click over to this post. You can download the pattern, and the post gives you all the instructions you need to sew up the tee shirt.

I like the longer sleeve length as an option – it’s not quite as cool for summer, but it makes the shirt look a little less casual.

This shirt is an upcycle of a top I found at the thrift store. It was really boxy and unflattering, but I liked the floral texture of the fabric, so I chopped it up, re-using the original hem to save time. I think it only cost about $3, so score.

Click here to get the free classic tee shirt pattern in women’s size large. Thanks!

Comments

Monica says

I love the silhouette of this classic tee reinvention. I am picturing it in a beautiful autumn-weight material, as a below the knee dress, paired with boots and a purchased belt.

OMG! Totally love this Autumn. I’m new to your blog and I should say I’m addicted to your projects 😉 Now I need to grab some of nice fabrics that will suit my curvy body type. Could you recommend a nice fabric store online where I can get some nice fabric for a white tee? I just want a plain white fabric that is thick enough to use for work.

I’m currently building my capsule wardrobe and so glad I found this pattern! Talk about perfect timing. 🙂

Thank you for sharing.

Xoxo,
    Amber

P.s. I might contact you for future collaboration. Really like your branding!

Diane says

I love the longer length sleeve, and I have lost weight, so I need to cut down some of my t-shirts. Thank you!

Patricia Johnson says

I wear a size 26/28 shirt or 5x from walmart if i want it roomy, does this pattern come in those sizes? I haven’t sewed in years but am now on fixed income so I have to be careful with my money, I thought sewing would be less expensive.

Eli says

What are your measurements if you don’t mind me asking. Most importantly, your bust size. I would love to make this top but I don’t want to be disappointed if it doesn’t fit by the time I finish it.

Priscilla Wissink says

I found your pattern and immediatly printed and made it. As is. It was too small so I added an inchand started all over again. It was perfect. I normally wear a Meduim. I’m going to try your dress next. This pattern is so simple, I recommend it to everyone. Thanks so much. Keep up the good work.