I’ve been a little bit taco-crazy lately. I LOVE tacos. You know why? Well, I like the taste, but that doesn’t close to explaining my love affair with the little guys. The real reason I love tacos is that they’re easy to make and all my kids will eat them. All the kids! I don’t have to play any games or threaten anyone with privilege loss to get the entire family to (for pete’s sake) just eat their dinner! Small triumphs, that’s what motherhood is all about, right? Since the kids are used to accepting just about anything in a tortilla, I’ve been experimenting with some new taco varieties. I shared these saucy chicken tacos recently, and this street taco recipe from Creme De La Crumb has quickly become a family favorite. And now, we have a new variety to add to the mix: sweet Korean bbq tacos. (Printable recipe card and info on the $100 giveaway at the end of the post!)
Now, don’t let the Korean bbq part scare you off the less adventurous among you: my kids are picky (have I mentioned that?) and they love this stuff. Slightly sweet, highly savory, with hints of sesame and ginger, the tender beef bbq is just plain delicious! And the best part? You can prep this entire meal in 15 minutes, thanks to the trusty old slow cooker and a secret ingredient.
The secret ingredient that makes life easy here is a package of Campbell’s Sweet Korean BBQ Slow Cooker Sauce. Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces are pretty handy – they save me the trouble of buying ingredients just for one recipe that I don’t know if I’ll ever use again. And they make dinner prep crazy easy.
Just place a 2 lb roast in the crockpot, pour on the sauce…
…and 8-10 hours later you have this:
Fork tender beef surrounded in a rich, savory sauce. Perfect for serving as-is over rice, or tucking into tacos with some sweet pineapple slaw.
Start the beef in the morning before work and school, spend 5 minutes chopping up the slaw ingredients whenever you have a minute, and dinner’s on the table with less than 15 minutes of prep time. Weeknight meals can be tough (especially when soccer games are scheduled from 5:30-6:30!) and quick, easy meals I can prep ahead of time are a lifesaver. Or at least a sanity saver. Or at the very least a way to make sure I stay a nice mom instead of Jekyll&Hyde-ing into a crazy lady who’s too stressed out about making dinner and getting everyone where they need to go to stop and help with homework. Not that that’s ever happened…
A few last notes:
- The Slow Cooker sauce is quite thick straight out of the package. As it cooks it combines with juices from the meat, giving it the perfect “saucy” consistency when it’s finished.
- The sauce packet recommends using a 2 pound chuck roast, but I used an eye of round roast instead. Chuck roasts have fat running through them (sometimes a lot of fat!) and while that makes for a very tender end product, it also results in a slightly greasy sauce IMO. So I use a leaner roast and cook it 10 hours instead of 8 – you still get a tender, shreddable beef, but without any grease in the sauce.
- Fresh pineapple will taste the best in the slaw, but if it’s out of season or you don’t want to buy an entire pineapple just for this recipe, go right ahead and use a small can of tidbits, drained.
If you want to learn more about Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces, visit Campbellsauces.com or check them out on Facebook. Then leave me a comment with your best quick dinner tip for a chance to win a $100 Target gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.