In today’s post: Apple pie bites taste just like apple pie, but they are SO easy to make! All the amazing apple pie flavor without all the work, in a cute mini version.
Why You’ll Love Apple Pie Bites
Ok, apple pie is amazing, right? But it’s also a bit time intensive. If you’re the kind of person that is willing to spend a couple hours crafting the perfect pie, then I think you’re amazing and want you to be my friend. But if not, that’s ok too, because this apple pie bites recipe is FAST and EASY. Here’s what makes it great:
- Refrigerated pie crust and pre-made apple pie filling makes these apple pie bites dead simple to put together. No mixing, no rolling, no peeling, no measuring spices, nothing! We’re talking fifteen minutes of prep time here and only twenty minutes of cook time. In just over half an hour, you can have mini apple pies ready to eat!
- If you love pie crust, you’ll love these little hand pies because you get a higher crust to filling ratio. And you know what? The refrigerated crust is actually really good, especially when you use it to cook mini bites instead of a whole pie. It crisps up beautifully for the perfect flakey bite every time. A sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar on top makes it even better.
I’m usually a from-scratch kind of girl (don’t get me started on store-bought cookies) but I don’t mind using the occasional cake mix or premade pie filling if it’s going to taste good. Trust me, these are good. Add a simple vanilla glaze and you have the perfect fall treat, in cute little individual servings.
Apple Pie Bites VIDEO
This quick video shows you how these little apple pies get put together. Written instructions follow and you’ll find a printable recipe card at the end of the post.
How to make Mini apple pie bites
The process is simple:
- Unroll your pie crust and cut it into 3.5 inch circles with a cookie cutter or the top of a large cup.
- Dump the pie filling out into a bowl. Choose a nice large slice of apple from the pie filling and place it on each pie crust circle.
- Fold the crust over to create a half moon shape, and use your fingers or a fork to crimp the edges together, as seen below. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a cookie sheet liner.
- Cut three small slits in the top of each apple pie bite. Mix together some cinnamon and white or brown sugar in a small bowl (about 3x as much sugar as cinnamon). Give the pie bites a quick shot of non-strick spray, then sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar.
Then you just bake them about 20 minutes, until golden brown. The pie crust gets so flakey as they bake! If desired, you can let them cool and then drizzle them with a simple vanilla glaze. Or you can just eat them while they’re still warm – just be careful not to burn your mouth as the filling will be very hot right out of the oven. These would be lovely served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Amazing Apple Pie Bites
- Refrigerated Pie Crust for Nine Inch Pie 2-pack
- 21 oz Canned Apple Pie Filling
- Cinnamon and Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 6 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
Want more project ideas? Sign up to get my favorite easy crafts and recipes straight to your inbox!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll first pie crust. Using a 3.5 inch cookie cutter, cut 7 circles of crust. Repeat with second crust.
- Roll out pie crust scraps and cut two more circles, making 16 total.
- Place one slice of apple pie filling on each crust circle.
- Fold crust in half and pinch closed around the apple slice.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and flakey.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and whisk in powdered sugar, vanilla, and half a tablespoon milk to make a loose frosting for drizzling.
- Allow pie bites to cool, then drizzle with glaze.
Leave a Comment