In today’s post: Learn how to whip up easy peanut butter cookies in no time with this 4 ingredient recipe.
I love baking, but as my kids get older I have less and less time to spend in the kitchen. These days if I’m going to make a batch of cookies, I want them to come together quickly, which is one of the reasons I love cake mix cookies. (Wanna know all the reasons I love cake mix cookies? Keep reading.)
You can mix up these easy peanut butter cake mix cookies in less than 5 minutes – seriously! – using one bowl and a wooden spoon. No need for beaters or a mixer, which means less cleanup when you’re done 🙌
You can use the same easy recipe to make standard peanut butter cookies with the criss cross pattern:
Or you can add Hershey’s kisses to make cute peanut butter blossoms:
Either way your time commitment is minimal and you end up with really delicious, chewy peanut butter cookies.
Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies
Why are cake mix cookies so great? Well, let me tell you:
- I know it’s really not that hard to measure out flour and sugar to make cookies from scratch, but when you want cookies without a lot of work, using a cake mix is the way to go! There’s no need to measure flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla, etc. (which also saves time on cleanup). Just melt the butter, stir in some peanut butter and a few eggs, and you’re ready to bake.
- Because my cake mix cookie recipes use melted butter, you never need to pull out your heavy mixer to make the dough. One bowl and a wooden spoon will do the job. And my cake mix recipes NEVER call for chilling the dough before baking!
- Cake mix cookies turn out so soft. SO SOFT. Yum
Easy Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Easy Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 15.25 oz Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 40 Hershey Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the cake mix in a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, melted butter, and peanut butter.
For Peanut Butter Cookies
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoon and roll into 1.5 inch diameter balls.
- Roll balls of dough in sugar to coat, then place on lined or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to press down on tops of dough balls to create criss cross pattern. Press down until cookies are 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until edges are set for soft, chewy cookies. Cookies will be puffed and slightly cracked but not brown. Bake longer for crispy cookies.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Makes about 30 cookies.
For Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Scoop cookie dough by level tablespoons and roll into balls.
- Roll balls in sugar, then place on lined or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 9 minutes, until edges are set.
- Immediately after removing from oven, place a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie and press down slightly. Cookie will crack.
- Remove to wire rack and cool completely. Makes about 40 cookies.
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies tips
- Don’t overbake the cookies! When they are done the will be puffed and slightly cracked, and when touched the edges will feel set. But they will not be brown. Unless, of course, you like crunchy cookies. In that case go ahead a let them get brown 😉
- I like to use Betty Crocker cake mixes. You can probably use any brand of cake mix, but sometimes they perform just a bit differently, so I stick with the brand I’ve used and tested the most.
More Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
Check out all my other cake mix cookies: