In today’s post: This bacon ranch cheeseball is the perfect appetizer for any special holiday or family dinner!
We all know the most important of Thanksgiving is being thankful for our blessings. But the BEST part of Thanksgiving (or any other holiday for that matter) is the food! And it’s not even the turkey or the ham that I’m talking about. It’s the side dishes. And appetizers! Everything from a simple veggie tray to special scalloped potatoes to those darn little smokies that are magically delicious.
I just like an excuse to make all the extra goodies that I don’t normally add to weeknight dinners.
This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is one of our favorite holiday extras:
I love me a good cheese ball, but I don’t make them very often…mostly because I could eat the entire thing. So I usually only make a cheese ball for holiday dinners or other get togethers. It’s the perfect thing to make in advance and put out on the counter for people to snack on while the final bits of meal prep are under way.
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
This cheese ball is the perfect appetizer:
- It’s suuuuuper easy to make
- You can make it in advance (even the day before) and just stash it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve
- Everyone loves it. Everyone!
Yes, it’s rolled in nut, but the recipe card will give you some other options if you’d like to make it nut-free.
Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe
Here’s a printable recipe card for you. Scroll down for more photos and a video.
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Green Onions sliced
- 1/3 cup Real Bacon Bits or chopped bacon
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1.5 tbsp Ranch Dressing or Dip Mix (half of a packet)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts
- Place softened cream cheese and other ingredients EXCEPT nuts in a bowl.
- Beat ingredients together until well combined.
- Spoon mixture out onto piece of wax paper. Pull up the edges of the wax paper and form mixture into a ball shape, using the paper to protect your hands.
- Spread chopped nuts out on another piece of wax paper. Roll the cheese ball in the nuts until completely covered.
- Wrap cheese ball in wax paper, foil, or plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.
This easy cheese ball only has seven ingredients:
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
- Ranch dressing/dip mix
- Bacon bits
- green onions
- chopped nuts (I use almonds)
And assembly is super simple as well! Just put everything except the nuts in a bowl (be sure you’ve softened the cream cheese first) and mix together using a hand mixer.
Then you’ll shape the mixture into a ball and roll it in chopped nuts. Lastly, wrap it up and chill at least 1 hour.
Here’s a video that shows the whole process:
(Note: if the video isn’t showing up above, that means you are using an ad-blocker. Whitelist this site in order to see the video. I know, ads are annoying, but they allow me to create tons of free content for you. Thanks!)