In today’s post: 35 delicious camping recipes so you never have to eat hot dogs again!
Ok, I actually like hot dogs. I do. Just not every single time we go camping. But getting everything ready to take the seven people camping is a ton of work – what with sleeping bags and pillows and tents and lanterns and toilet paper etc., – so I can never seem to spare the time to figure out really good camping food. And so we always end up with hot dogs. Again. *sigh*
Because good food is (arguably) the most important part of any family outing, I’ve done what any self respecting mother would do and
spent some time trying out all my favorite recipes over a camp stove turned to Pinterest. I’ve found 35 fantastic camping food recipes that all look MUCH better than hot dogs. I can’t wait to try some of these out!
NOTE: As with all roundups, if you’d like to pin an individual photo, please click through to the original source to do so. Feel free to pin the collage photo above or the graphic at the end to remember where to find all these camping recipes in one place. Thanks!
Camping Recipes: Chili + Stew
1. These camping BBQ bacon baked beans from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom look absolutely delicious!
2. Campfire stew is one of our favorite camping food recipes. Learn how to make it from Happy Foods Tube:
3. Here’s another campfire stew recipe, this one with beans, from Recipes from a Pantry:
4. For a chicken based camping stew recipe, give Sprite Chicken from Fabulessly Frugal a try:
5. This Camp chili and cornbread from Honestly Yum is a delicious all in one camping recipe you can make in a dutch oven:
Camping Food: Main Dish Recipes
6. I cannot wait to try Smoky White Cheddar Mac N Cheese from Project Meal Plan – cooking the noodles in advance makes it easy to mix this up, even over a campfire!
7. Best Beef Kabob recipe from Must Have Mom:
8. Balsamic Chicken Skewers from Happy Foods Tube:
9. Frito Pie is a classic camping recipe because it’s so easy to prepare. Try this “fancy” version from The Search for Imperfection:
10. For a healthy camping recipe, try Camp Stir Fry from The Camp Gal:
11. Breakfast burritos are a great meal to make camping! from The Camp Gal:
12. Sun-dried tomato pesto pasta from Dirty Gourmet looks fancy, but it’s actually an easy meal to make when you’re camping:
13. Omelettes in a bag are another classic camping meal because they’re so easy to make in boiling water and everyone can decide which ingredients they want to add in. Learn how to make them from Favorite Family Recipes:
14. Look at how pretty these Dutch oven stuffed peppers from Dirty Gourmet are!
15. Dutch oven pizza is the best camping food I’ve ever tried! from Camping For Foodies:
16. This Dutch oven lasagne from The Unorthodox Epicure looks absolutely delicious:
Camping Recipes: Foil Packet Dinners
17. Foil packet meals are such an easy way to cook when you’re camping! Try Sausage and Veggie Foil Packets from Savoring the Good:
18. Did you know you could make fajitas in a foil packet? From The Shirley Journey:
19. If you don’t have a dutch oven but you still want stew, try this foil packet campfire stew from The Good Hearted Woman:
20. Bump up the flavor in your camping food with these BBQ Chicken and Veggie foil packets from Thrifty Jinxy:
21. Hawaiian Chicken Stack from a foil packet? Yep. Get the recipe from One Sweet Appetite:
22. You can even make a delicious Foil packet Philly Cheesesteak! from Twin Dragonfly Designs:
23. Summer sausage hobo dinner from Fabulessly Frugal:
Camping Food: Sides + Snacks Recipes
24. These campfire skillet apples from Chaos is Bliss look so good!
25. Campfire nachos from The Country Chic Cottage would be the perfect late night camping snack:
26. Campfire potatoes in a foil packet from Cincy Shopper are one of my favorite camping side dishes:
27. These Campfire breadsticks from Shock Munch look fun to make:
28. I tried this Campfire spinach dip from Twin Dragonfly Designs last time we went camping and everyone love it:
Camping Recipes: Desserts + Treats
29. Ever tried making donuts while you’re camping? Must Have Mom shows you how:
30. Campfire popcorn from Around My Family Table:
31. Take your s’mores to a new level with S’mores Bread Pudding Foil packets from Spaceships and Laserbeams:
32. Blackberry campfire cobbler from Midlife Healthy Livings:
33. Dutch Oven pineapple upside down cake from The Good Hearted Woman:
34. These campfire s’mores cones from Thrifty Jinxy are so much fun and they’re delicious!
35. One last camping dessert to try – Grilled Peach crisps from As For Me and My Homestead: