So you know those moms that make their kids a hot breakfast every day before school? Actually, a better question is: do you actually know any of those moms? Do they really exist? And if they do, how in the world do they do it? What with getting everyone up and going in the morning plus finding lost shoes and scrambling to finish the homework we forgot about, my kids usually end up eating cold cereal. Every day. I’m pretty sure I’m never going to be able to add cooking up something hot and nutritious before school to our daily routine. I mean, I’m feeling pretty good if I can convince them to have instant oatmeal every once in a while!
I know, if I planned better or got up earlier I’m sure I could pull it off, and all joking aside I know some moms who manage it without much trouble because it’s a priority to them. And because lots of them are smart enough to use MAKE AHEAD breakfast recipes, which allow you to feed your kids something hot + homemade without having to do lots of extra work on busy mornings. Since the kids are headed back to school in a few weeks, today I’m sharing 20 make ahead breakfast recipes.
Some of these recipes are meant to be made and frozen until you’re ready to eat them, others are meal prep ideas where you can cook once and eat all week, and a few are simple recipes you can throw together the night before. I hope you find something that makes your busy school mornings a little easier!
20 Make Ahead breakfast recipes
1. Make ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches from The Suburban Soapbox
2. Healthy single serving whole wheat minute muffins from It’s Always Autumn
3. Healthy make ahead breakfast cookies (6 ways!) from She Likes Food
4. Make ahead breakfast bowls from The Country Cook
5. Easy overnight oatmeal from Fannetastic Food
6. High protein mini pancake bites from Live Fit
7. Make ahead fruit and yogurt parfaits from Thirty Handmade Days
8. Freezer breakfast quesadillas from Family Fresh Meals
9. Make ahead protein packed yogurt bites from One Little Project
11. Make ahead breakfast enchiladas from Belly Full
12. Breakfast meal prep bowls from Smile Sandwich
13. Mini donut pancakes from It’s Always Autumn
14. Freezer french toast sticks from Well Floured
15. Make ahead smoothie packs from How Sweet Eats
16. Peanut butter cereal breakfast bites from Six Sisters’ Stuff
17. Egg ham and cheese breakfast calzones from Little Diary on the Prairie
18. Make ahead muffin tin eggs from Frugality Gal
19. Sweet potato breakfast bowls from Healthy Liv
20. Instant oatmeal jars from Clean Food Crush