‘Tis the season for baking, right? And candy making. And decorating gingerbread houses. I end up spending more time in the kitchen during the holidays than any other time of the year, and for the most part I love it. But I will admit that with all this extra cooking going on, it’s sometimes a bit of a drag to have to keep making dinner every single night, too. Time for something easy! (Right?!)
One of our new favorite easy dinner ideas are these simple buffalo chicken rollups. If I have leftover shredded chicken I can get these guys ready with less than 10 minutes of prep work, which is perfect on days we’re rushing out to a Christmas concert or party. Add a fresh green salad and you have a delicious dinner in no time. AND these little rollups work great as a holiday appetizer as well! They’d be perfect for snacking on before Christmas dinner. And since they’re so easy to make, you could easily whip up a bundle for a big New Year’s Eve party.
The secret to these rollups is that they start with Pillsbury Crescents®. Pillsbury Crescents® have been part of holiday traditions for years since they’re so simple to prepare (what could be easier?) and they’re delish. And I’m thinking they’ll be part of a new holiday tradition in my family: the “this dinner is so easy and mom is so tired the kids are cooking tonight” tradition! 😉
To make it, just mix shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, buffalo sauce* and chopped celery in a bowl. Open and separate the Crescents®, then evenly distribute the chicken mixture on them. Roll them up, bake until golden brown, and serve with bleu cheese dressing for dipping. That’s it!
*Note: I like to use the wing sauce labeled “buffalo” because it isn’t as hot as straight wing sauce. If you’re making for young kids, you may want to decrease the amount of buffalo sauce – my older kids like it as written but my younger ones thing it’s too spicy.
Buffalo Chicken Rollups
- 8 oz Pillsbury Crescents
- 1 cup Cooked Shredded Chicken 1 large breast
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Chopped Celery about 1 rib
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Bleu Cheese Dressing For Dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, cream cheese, celery, and wing sauce.
- Open and unroll the crescents, then divide the chicken mixture between them.
- Roll crescents up and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with bleu cheese dressing for dipping.