So it’s nearing the end of the school year again, and we all know what teachers really want to receive from their students at the end of the year, and you can bet it’s not apple related doo-dads. I’m not a teacher, mostly because I’m not nearly nice enough to be one, but even I know that the most meaningful gift you can give a teacher is a heartfelt thank you (and this right here is one of the best ways to do that). I also know that if you want to add a gift to your thank you, the best way to do that is with a gift card.
But because just handing over a gift card can seem a little boring, I’ll show you how to make an easy pop up gift card holder. You know, to keep things cute and thoughtful with minimal effort and expense. (I think that might be my new motto.)
I have free printable templates for you! Just cut on the cut lines and fold on the fold lines, and you’re going to have a cute pop up gift card holder perfect for teacher appreciation:
And your kids’ teachers will get the practical gift they actually want. You can grab a gift card from the teacher’s favorite store, or just use an Amazon card. Because Amazon will ship gift cards to your house for free overnight! Remember that minimal effort part?
You will need:
- Free printables card fronts and folding templates – be sure to print these out on white cardstock at 100% or full size
- Trimmer and something to score with
- A2 sized envelope (5.5 in x 4.25 in) and matching card or colored paper (optional!)
Here’s a video which shows you exactly how to make this easy DIY teacher appreciation pop up gift card holder:
A few notes:
- Really make sure when you are glueing the sections together that you hold them for a few minutes to get them well adhered. You don’t want your card falling apart.
- If you want to line the inside of your card (like I did), just use a piece of colored paper trimmed to 3.75 in x 5 in. I actually used a blank card that came with the envelopes I bought.