Nothing says summer like salsa, right? Except maybe homemade ice cream. Or any ice cream, for that matter. This is where (since I’m a blogger) I wax lyrical about how amazing salsa is and how it’s even better than ice cream and how you should want to make some right this minute! But I’m not gonna lie, salsa’s not better than ice cream. Not much is, honestly. But hey, you might still want to make salsa, right? Here are 20 homemade salsa recipes that look pretty darn delicious.
***Remember, as with all roundups, if you want to pin an individual recipe please click through to the original post to do so. You’re welcome to pin the collage below to remember where to find all these ideas in one place – thanks!***
1. Check out this gorgeous fresh tomato salsa recipe from Kelly the Kitchen Kop:
2. Or save yourself the chopping time and blend up this restaurant style salsa from Cooking Classy:
3. This triple layer dip from Soup Addict sandwiches a cotija cheese layer in between homemade guac and salsa:
4. Garnish with Lemon shares this easy & pretty tomatillo salsa recipe:
5. Perfect fresh or cooked slow with meat, this homemade salsa verde recipe means you’ll never have to buy it jarred again. From BHG.
6. Tide and Thyme shares this grilled pineapple salsa recipe:
7. Southwestern salsa with corn, black beans, and pineapple from Julia’s Album:
8. For a sweet and smoky taste, try this chipotle peach salsa recipe from Closet Cooking:
9. So this next salsa, a pear and pomegranate version, is probably actually more suited to the winter months when pomegranates are readily available, but I couldn’t resist including it because it’s so pretty. But don’t worry, you can find a killer mango salsa on the same site to tide you over until pomegranates make it back into the store. Both from Gimme Some Oven.
10. This fresh fruit salsa is naturally sweet and delicious – and the homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips add an extra kick of flavor:
11. Another one from Garnish with Lemon: Avocado Feta Salsa
12. This salsa recipe starts by roasting the ingredients for maximum flavor. From Rue Daily.
13. Noble Pig shares a black bean salsa where grapes replace the tomatoes – can’t wait to try this!
14. Here’s a refreshing watermelon salsa from Gimme Some Oven.
15. This corn salsa from How Sweet it is is supped to taste just like Chipotle’s version.
16. I’m a big fan of cowboy caviar – this version is from Butter Than Toast.
17. If you have so much summer produce you want to try canning salsa, this recipe from Food.com gets great reviews.
18. I’ve never thought of making a cucumber salsa, but this version from One Perfect Bite looks great:
19. This Teedo’s Famous salsa from Table for Two is made extra creamy with avocado blended right into the tomatoes and other ingredients.
20. Finally, for your avocado fans, here’s a roasted corn and avocado salsa from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts:
Any more favorite salsa recipes I should include?