In today’s post: Make your Christmas party FUN with these 25 hilarious Christmas games that everyone will love.
What’s the best part of the holiday season? Well, the presents are fun and the treats are amazing, but we all know that spending time with each other is truly the best part. There’s nothing quite like sitting around laughing together with the people you love. To add some extra laughter to your holiday parties, I’ve gathered 25 hilarious Christmas party games you can play with your family and friends this year. Your guests will love them!
25 Christmas games
1. The Plastic Wrap ball is a classic Christmas party game! This fun game involves racing to unwrap a prize before your turn is over and you have to hand the ball to the next person. Get the rules from iSave A to Z:
2. If your idea of fun involves watching your family members make fools of themselves (and whose doesn’t?), be sure to give Jingle Bell Shake a try! Fill an empty tissue box with jingle bells then strap it on a party guest and let the fun begin.
3. The candy cane game from A Girl and a Glue Gun is easy to set up and fun for kids and adults.
4. The Dice Doubles game (aka the oven mitt game) is another classic Christmas game for the whole family! Get the instructions from Housing a Forest:
5. The Left Right game makes your white elephant gift exchange a lot more fun! Everyone starts holding the gift they came with, then one person reads the Left Right Christmas story. Every time the reader says the word “right” everyone passes their gift to the right. Every time the reader says the word “left” everyone passes left. Since the story is written with LOTS of rights and lefts, things get confusing and hilarious! Click through to this post to get the printable Left Right story.
6. Here’s another gift exchange game option: the Switch, Steal, Unwrap gift game from Play Party Plan. Click through for the printable:
7. Reindeer Antler Toss is so much fun! We ordered the inflatable antlers from Amazon – it comes with two sets of antlers and two sets of rings so you can split up into two teams for a little friendly competition! The first team to get all their rings hooked on the antlers is the winner!
8. Everyone loves Family Feud! Print out the Christmas edition at Play Party Plan.
9. Spoons is one of THE BEST family games ever. It’s easy enough that even little kids can play, but gets competitive enough that even grumpy teenagers love it. To make it Christmas themed, use candy canes instead of spoons and have prizes for the winners! Learn how to play the spoons game here.
10. The Candy Bar Game is one of our favorite family games. We play it whenever the entire family gets together and the cousins love it. Get the instructions from Overstuffed Life.
More Fun Christmas Party Game Ideas
11. Christmas Charades is a great Christmas party game because you can play it doesn’t take any prep and everyone can join in. Make cards with names of Christmas songs on them, or grab the free printables for this Christmas version from A Girl and a Glue Gun:
12. The Reindeer Antler game is another fun Christmas party game that will have everyone laughing! Balloons + pantyhose = antlers. Get the details from Intelligent Domestications:
13. Keep the younger kids at the party happy with this printable Christmas bingo from The Girl Creative.
14. If you want even more fun gift exchange games, visit this post at Play Party Plan for lots of gift exchange Christmas games, including Never Have I Ever gift exchange.
15. One more Christmas gift exchange game, from The Crafty Blog Stalker:
16. The game Scattergories gets a Christmas update from The Crafting Chicks – click through for the printable game sheets.
17. This fun Christmas game from Happy Home Fairy has participants drawing a Christmas scene on a paper plate on their heads! Ask guests to draw a snowman standing next to a Christmas tree complete with ornaments while holding the paper plate on their head – then compare drawings to see who wins. Click through to get the instructions.
18. This Christmas Game from Let’s Get Together is a gift exchange with a holiday twist – with hidden prizes! Visit the post for all the details.
19. Check your Christmas knowledge with a printable Christmas Trivia game from Lil’ Luna:
20. Or try this Christmas trivia game from So Festive which draws all the questions from familiar Christmas movies.
21. Make sure everyone at the party is having fun with this collection of Christmas Minute to Win It Games from Happiness is Homemade.
22. This Christmas game from So Festive isn’t just a give exchange, it’s a Gift Auction. Click through for the details:
23. Divide into teams and test your gift wrapping skills (and spend a lot of time laughing!) with the One Handed Team Gift Wrapping game. Get the directions at One Good Thing by Jillee.
24. Remember the old game show, Let’s Make a Deal? Learn how to play it Christmas style from Brassy Apple.
25. Find out who’s been naughty and who’s been nice with this Christmas punch out game from The Crafty Blog Stalker. Fill some of the cups with little stocking stuffers and some of them with slime.
Even More game Ideas
Christmas Pictionary: Try to get team members to guess the Christmas carol you are drawing.
Candy Cane Hunt: This one is fun for little kids – it’s like an Easter egg hunt, but with candy canes instead!
Christmas Relay: Set up a Christmas relay (aka Santa’s Delivery Game) where team members have to wrap a present, tie it up with ribbon, and deliver the present across the room, all while wearing snow gloves and a Santa hat. Make sure to have a prize for the winning team.
Pin the nose on Rudolph (or pin the heart on the Grinch, or pin the hat on the Elf)
Hope you enjoy these Christmas party games!