In today’s post: You’ll find 35 fun ideas for artwork, DIY gifts, and keepsakes made with handprints, footprints, and fingerprints! Great gift ideas for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
When I was pregnant with my twins (15 years ago!!), I worked on a little cross stitch piece that had a space to add their little handprints and a poem about how quickly they would grow. Well, the twins came seven weeks early and I hadn’t finished the cross stitch yet. And once we brought them home and started dealing with the reality of life with twins, somehow I forgot all about it and never got those tiny handprints on it. In the midst of taking care of them I really didn’t think I’d ever forget how tiny they were. Fast forward 15 years and I just found that cross stitch while cleaning out boxes in the basement. It’s truly hard to believe my grown up teenage boys started out as tiny, four pound babies with the teeniest little hands you’ve ever seen. If I could go back, I’d take more pictures, write down more memories, and take the time to put those handprints on that cross stitch piece, even if it wasn’t finished.
Today I’ve rounded up 35 handprint and footprint art projects for you. Take the time to make one before your little one grows up!
Handprint/footprint art ideas
1. I absolutely love this handprint art from The Idea Room – a pretty sign wall sign with handprints from each member of the family:
2. This cardinal handprint canvas turns out so pretty! From House by Hoff:
3. Use fingerprints to create a heart and add a sweet poem from Messy Little Monster:
4. This cute art piece uses handprints as leaves on a tree. From It’s Always Autumn:
5. Framed handprint art is easy to make with a free printable from Lil’ Luna:
6. Make your own Disney footprint art with tons of examples and ideas from The Keeper of the Cheerios Blog:
7. Create a cute sun using handprints for this “You are my sunshine” art from The Realistic Mama:
8. Love this sweet “Papa has my heart” footprint art from Southern Mom Days:
9. Here’s a cute handprint art piece for Dad! From The Country Chic Cottage:
10. Trace handprints to make a pretty suncatcher. From The Best Ideas for Kids:
11. Make mom a pretty vase of handprint flowers. Learn more at The Flying Couponer:
12. This sweet fingerprint necklace from It’s Always Autumn would make a great gift:
13. Spruce up a watering can with handprint flowers to make a cute gift for a mom or grandma who loves to garden. Idea from The Country Chic Cottage:
14. This footprint serving platter would make a gorgeous gift! From Mrs. Wigglebottom:
15. I’d love a handprint jewelry dish like this one from Simple As That:
16. Check out this adorable handprint toolbox from Mom Envy:
17. Make pretty thumbprint butterfly mugs from The Best Ideas for Kids:
18. Cute handprint art oven mitt! From The Idea Room:
19. How adorable are these butterfly footprint keychains? From The Best Ideas for Kids:
20. This fingerprint mug from Crafts By Amanda is a great gift idea for Dad.
21. I absolutely love this heart shaped footprint bowl from Messy Little Monster:
22. For a special keepsake, make a DIY handprint ornament like this one from You’re So Martha:
23. A Crafted Passion shows you how to keep those cute footprints forever as garden stones:
24. For a special family keepsake, get fingerprints from all your loved ones to make a Family Fingerprint Tree:
25. Sugar Bee Crafts shows you how to make a handprint quilt you’ll want to keep forever:
26. This cute footprint stool from Simply Kierste will be kept and used for years!
27. Here’s another fun idea: make a shirt that you can add your child’s handprint to each school year! Idea from Where the Smiles Have Been:
28. Next, Hey Let’s Make Stuff shows you how to make a special keepsake – foiled baby footprints:
29. These fingerprint ornaments from Cutesy Crafts are absolutely adorable:
30. Finally, commemorate baby’s first Christmas with this sweet footprint plate from For The Love of Food:
Looking for more DIY gift ideas? Visit these posts:
25 DIY gifts you can make in 15 minutes
25 cheap but gorgeous homemade gifts
25 handmade gifts people actually want
Leave a Comment