In today’s post: Make Dad feel special with one of these super cool DIY Father’s Day gifts! Fun, unique gift ideas you can make for Dad.
In years past I’ve made gifts for my husband for father’s day: a little photo book with pictures of the kids and sweet sayings about fatherhood, coupons for back rubs and brownies, etc. He’s always loved them, but this year I wanted to make something a little, I don’t know, cooler. So I started searching the internet for the coolest DIY Father’s Day gifts, and today I’m sharing my favorites with you.
Cool DIY Father’s Day gifts
1. For a really unique DIY Father’s Day gift, make this Leather mason jar sleeve from A Beautiful Mess.
2. What dad doesn’t want this Firewood tote from Whip Up? Such a smart DIY gift idea!
3. These Hand stamped keyrings from Two Shades of Pink are both practical and fun. Plus they’re fairly inexpensive and easy to make, so you can make one for Dad and one for Grandpa.
4. Show Dad how proud you are of his accomplishments with this DIY race medal display from It’s Always Autumn.
Easy DIY Father’s Day gifts
These homemade gifts for Dad are easy to put together and whip up in no time!
5. Coming up with a Father’s Day gift doesn’t get any easier than these free printable cards – click through for 8 different funny versions you can print at home.
6. For a homemade Father’s Day gift that kids can make, print this “All About My Dad” questionnaire. Have your child fill it out and add a photo of her with Dad for a gift he’ll cherish.
7. Dads LOVE sugar cookies, but you don’t have to slave all afternoon making a batch. These easy cake mix sugar cookies come together in just a few minutes with no chilling, rolling, or cutting!
8. If you don’t know what to make for Dad, give him some cash so he can pick out his own present. This cash in a can post shows you how to hide a roll of cash inside a poptop can.
Homemade Father’s Day gifts you can build
Grab your tools to put together these easy-to-build gifts for Dad.
9. Build Dad a fun Baggo game set using free plans from Build Basic, and he’ll have fun playing outside with the kids all summer long.
10. This Instructables post shows you how to build a DIY laptop stand from PVC – it’s a great DIY Father’s Day gift idea that’s both inexpensive and really easy to make!
11. This Wooden iPhone amp from Make it and Love it looks so cool you’d never know it’s homemade, and it’s great for use at home or at work.
12. Her Tool Belt shows you how to build a cordless drill charging station, which might be the most useful homemade Father’s Day gift ever!
Homemade Father’s Day gifts you can sew
It can be hard to find gifts to sew for Dad – here are a couple great ideas!
13. If Dad likes to cook, then make him a cool Masculine apron (tutorial from Purl Bee).
14. If Dad’s more at home in the garage than the kitchen, you can sew up a gorgeous leather tool roll with this tutorial from Instructables.
15. Sports-obsessed dads will love this DIY gift – a Favorite team necktie with this easy tutorial from Crazy Little Projects.
16. Help Dad pack small items in style with a functional travel bag. Sewing tutorial from Polka Dot Chair.
DIY Photo Gifts for Father’s Day
Make your homemade Father’s Day gifts even more special by including photos of the people he loves.
17. Personalized father’s day bookmarks from Simple as That are an inexpensive DIY Father’s Day gift that Dad is sure to treasure!
18. Showcase photos, notes, and memontos in an easy to make Explosion Box for Dad.
19. An acrylic photo block is a fun way for Dad to display a favorite picture at the office. The best part? You can make this gift in less than 10 minutes!
20. Transfer a family photo to a mug for a Father’s Day gift that Dad will use over and over. Tutorial from Old Salt Farm.