In today’s post: When you need a super easy summer dessert, you can put together this peanut butter ice cream sandwich cake in minutes!
I love baking. It’s actually one of my very favorite things to do. But who wants to turn the oven on during the hottest days of the summer? No one, that’s who.
Today’s recipe is the perfect dessert for summer! It’s quick and easy to put together, cold and creamy, and tastes delicious!
It’s actually pretty perfect for any time of year, and the fact that you can make it in under 10 minutes makes it even better!
I’ll admit: the first time I had an ice cream sandwich cake I wasn’t expecting to be impressed. After all, ice cream sandwiches have never been my go-to for a really great frozen dessert.
But when you layer humble ice cream sandwiches with a chocolate peanut butter whipped cream and then top the entire thing with fudge and Reese’s pieces, things start to get REALLY GOOD. Like much-much-better-than-I-expected-GOOD.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich Cake VIDEO
Watch this video to see how to make it (recipe card follows). Please note, if you don’t see the video below that means you are using an adblocker. Either white list this site or visit it on a browser that doesn’t that doesn’t have an ad block in order to view the video. I know that no one likes watching ads, but they make it possible for me to create lots of free content for you. Thanks!
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 12 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 8 oz tub Frozen Whipped Topping thawed
- 2/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Hot Fudge
- 1/4 cup Hot Fudge
- 4 oz Reese's Pieces
- Peanuts, if desired
- Place thawed whipped topping in a bowl. Microwave peanut butter 20-30 seconds, until melted. Gently stir peanut butter into whipped topping.
- Microwave hot fudge 10-20 seconds until melted. Stir into peanut butter topping.
- Unwrap 6 ice cream sandwiches and arrange them in the bottom of an 8x8 dish (you will have half of an ice cream sandwich left over). Spread half the peanut butter topping over the ice cream sandwiches.
- Repeat with the remaining ice cream sandwiches and peanut butter topping.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and freeze at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, top with additional hot fudge, Reese's pieces, and peanuts if desired.
More Peanut Butter Desserts: