Last week I shared photos taken with my new seamless background paper, as well as tips and tricks for how to use seamless paper to get great photos. If you missed that post, I highly recommend you check it out, because seamless paper is awesome. It’s relatively inexpensive, easy to use, comes in a zillion different colors, and can drastically improve the look of your photos. The only drawback to seamless paper is that commercial stands for it can be fairly expensive – $100 or more. Luckily, there’s a variety of DIY options for hanging seamless paper. Read on to find 10 different DIY solutions for hanging seamless background paper on the cheap!
Want even more DIY backdrop ideas? Click here for 20 genius DIY photo backdrops.
How to hang backdrop paper
1. Use a tension rod in a small space, like this setup from Tout Petit Pixel via Clickin Moms.
2. A low cost solution involving simple L-brackets screwed into wall studs, from DIY Photography.
3. Use PVC pipe to build a simple stand that works for seamless paper as well as other backdrops. Plans for the stand from Dandelions on the Wall, photo below from The Photography Mommy.
4. This idea from New York Institute of Photography is genius! A no-damage wall hook makes a pop-up studio.
5. This clever DIY wall mount, seen on DIY Photography, works as a way to hang seamless paper and store all your extra colors.
6. This DIY seamless paper stand from Ray Dobbins makes use of existing shelves in the garage.
7. All you need for this simple ceiling mount setup from Instructables are a few eye hooks, some chain, and PVC pipe.
8. Sugar Bee Crafts shares an easy solution for hanging seamless paper in your garage.
9. And Melly Sews shows how to adapt that solution for smaller garages.
10. And if you’re looking for the easiest (ever) way to hang seamless paper, try the cheater method, which requires nothing more than masking tape. From It’s Always Autumn.
Leave a Comment