I’m not sure there’s anything moms like looking at more than photos of the people they love (except maybe the kitchen when someone else has just cleaned it!). Since Mother’s Day is on it’s way, I’ve rounded up 20 fantastic DIY photo gift ideas – gift ideas made using photos of special people, places, or things. All of these are sure to delight Mom, but they’d also make great gifts for dads, grandparents, or anyone else. Additionally, since photos are so cheap to print and these gifts are all DIY options, they’re all pretty inexpensive.
1. These photo coasters from Beauty and Bedlam can be made for only $1 a set if you have a few common supplies on hand:
2. Use a photo to personalize a clock with this tutorial from Rosy Red Buttons – her example uses an engagement photo, but a family photo or picture of children or grandchildren would work just as well.
3. This circular “family tree” print from Cactus & Olive is not only beautiful, it’s a meaningful keepsake. Use Photoshop to make one of your own, or purchase a custom design.
4. I think this simple photo display from Natalme is simply lovely and would make a great gift – the recipient can easily switch out photos to keep it current.
5. A simple wood box and an accordian folded card stock make a great home for a pretty pull-out photo album. Combine photos of kids and notes or drawing from the children for an extra special gift. From It’s Always Autumn.
6. I love this unique idea from Under The Sycamore for a photo lampshade:
7. This photo letter from Ryan Greenleaf Photography is a great DIY photo gift:
8. The gals at Eighteen25 always comes up with the easiest projects that end up looking fantastic. This circle punch photo collage makes a big impact with minimal work.
9. Who wouldn’t love a heart photo display? Print small square photos and arrange them in a heart shape on a large canvas and you have a beautiful, personalized photo gift. Tutorial from It’s Always Autumn.
10. Moms Who Click has a great tutorial for turning an inexpensive clear phone case into a DIY photo case.
11. These simple DIY photo display balls would make a great gift for just about anyone – they’re a great way to spruce up a desk at work or home.
12. Say Yes shows you how to take your instagram photos and turn them into beautiful notecards.
13. This photo frame memory wreath via Infarrantly Creative is simply lovely.
14. These photo pillows from Country Living are made using ink jet fabric sheets available on Amazon.
15. Lil Blue Boo made photo charms from popsicle sticks! I can’t believe how great they look.
16. Here’s another take on a photo charm – this one uses Sculpey clay for a polaroid look (from Ambrosia Creative).
17. Ambrosia Creative has another cute mini polaroid project – these are magnets.
19. Gift coupons are often the best idea, especially for Mom. Make them extra special using favorite photos with this tutorial from Bubby and Bean.
20. These photo bud vases from Mod Podge Rocks are made from PVC pipe and make a gorgeous centerpiece.