In today’s post: Make the easiest ever Christmas cookies with this 5 ingredient cake mix recipe that can be made with either chocolate or vanilla cake mix.
It’s no secret I like cake mix cookies. In fact, this is the 11th version I’ve shared. (Find all my cake mix cookie recipes here.) Why so many? Well, in a nutshell, cake mix cookies are super fast and super easy, and they turn out ridiculously soft. Everyone loves them! These cake mix Christmas cookies are no exception:
Starting with a cake mix means you can whip up these cookies in under half an hour without getting your mixer dirty. You know the flavor will be good – because who doesn’t like cake? – but the texture is where cake mix cookies really shine. They bake up super soft and just a little chewy.
For this Christmas version, I added red and green M+Ms and white chocolate chips. What’s fun is that you can use a Devil’s Food cake mix to make a fudgy chocolate version:
Or use a French Vanilla cake mix for a blonde version. The recipe is exactly the same either way!
Or since this recipe is so quick and easy, you can make a batch of each. I think the two versions look pretty together on a plate!
How to make Cake Mix Christmas Cookies
This is the recipe for cake mix Christmas cookies – it’s super easy and can be stirred up with a wooden spoon in under 10 minutes. Even though it is a very simple recipe, there are a few different factors that can affect how your cookies turn out, like altitude, oven temp, cake mix brand, etc. For troubleshooting, check out the FAQ section of this post: Ultimate Guide to Cake Mix Cookies
Note: I always use these Nordic Ware Half Sheet Pans for baking cookies – they cook evenly and clean up beautifully!
- 1 Boxed Cake Mix chocolate or vanilla
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Red and Green M+Ms
- Christmas sprinkles optional
Want more project ideas? Sign up to get my favorite easy crafts and recipes straight to your inbox!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (or 375 degrees for high altitude).
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, eggs, and melted butter. Stir in white chocolate chips and M+Ms, reserving a few for placing on top if desired.
- Line a baking sheet with a nonstick liner or parchment paper. Scoop out just over a tablespoon of dough per cookie onto the cookie sheet. (I use a medium cookie dough scoop and underfill it slightly.) If desired, top cookie dough balls with reserved M+Ms and Christmas sprinkles.
- Bake cookies 8-10 minutes until tops begin to crack and edges feel just set. Do not overbake or cookies will be crunchy instead of soft. Cool cookies on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes before removing to wire rack to finish cooling.