This cheesecake pie is a winner: it starts with a silky rich chocolate peanut butter layer, topped with a fluffy, creamy cheesecake layer, and garnished with chunks of Reese’s peanut butter cups, all wrapped in a classic graham cracker crust. There’s no baking, meaning this easy pie comes together very quickly. You get all the flavors of a peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake with a fraction of the work – perfect!
I like cheesecake, but it can feel a little heavy. Because the cheesecake layer in this version is whipped instead of baked, it feels much lighter, and you’re saving some calories too – although don’t get me wrong, this isn’t exactly diet food. It’s pretty decadent in it’s own right, due to the fudgy peanut butter base.
This cheesecake pie was a hit with all the kids, most of whom aren’t fans of normal cheesecake. Start to finish, I’d say it takes about 15-20 minute to make, plus some chill time before serving. It’s rich enough that you can slice it into 10 pieces pretty easily, although our family of 7 wouldn’t have had any trouble polishing it off if I had okay’d the requests for seconds.
- 1 Ready-to-use Graham Cracker Crust 6 oz
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 8 oz Frozen Whipped Topping thawed
- 4 oz Reese's Peanut Butter Cups chopped
Want more project ideas? Sign up to get my favorite easy crafts and recipes straight to your inbox!
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature, either for a few hours on the counter or in the microwave on defrost in 30 second intervals.
- Put chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave at 30 second intervals until melted enough to be stirred together.
- Stir until smooth; pour in prepared graham cracker crust.
- Place in freezer while preparing cheesecake layer.
- Beat softened cream cheese together with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping, about 1/3 at a time, until very smooth.
- Gently spread cream cheese layer over chocolate peanut butter layer.
- Garnish with chopped Reese's peanut butter cups and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.