In today’s post: Try out a new egg decorating technique for Easter this year with 33 fun ideas!
Dyeing Easter eggs is one of those holiday traditions I remember LOVING as a kid that I don’t actually love so much as an adult. Sure, the coloring eggs part is fun, but that whole “cups full of dye that could get tipped over at any time on the kitchen table I saved up to buy” part that gets me every time. Kids + dye = Danger, Will Robinson! Don’t worry, I’m not a dream squasher, and so yes, I let my kids color eggs…we just don’t often use dye to do it. There are so many other fun Easter egg decorating techniques, many of which aren’t nearly as messy as dye! Today I’ve gathered up 33 creative ways to decorate your Easter eggs this year.
You may also like: 17 Easter traditions to start with your kids
NOTE: As with all roundups, if you’d like to pin an individual photo, please click through to the original post to do so (posts are linked above each photo). Feel free to pin the collage above to remember where to find all these ideas in one post!
33 Egg Decorating Ideas
1. These pretty Easter eggs are colored using tissue paper! from It’s Always Autumn:
2. If you want to keep your egg decorating super simple (but still totally awesome), check out these Star Wars Easter eggs from Simple Everyday Mom. Free printables!
3. I had no idea it would be so easy to use metal leaf to decorate eggs, and the look is unique and stunning! from A Crafted Passion
4. Turn eggs into sweet little unicorns with this egg decorating tutorial from Little Inspiration:
5. Learn how to paint Easter eggs with watercolors from Squirrelly Minds:
6. This fun tie dye egg decorating technique from One Little Project is very easy to do using food coloring and paper towels:
7. Grab some Sharpies to draw chicks, bunnies, and cute patterns on your Easter eggs. See all the ideas at Mom.me:
8. Turn eggs into bunnies with this decorating simple + sweet Easter egg decorating tutorial from Bitte.
9. These Easter Egg carrots from Hungry Happenings are adorable!
10. Learn how to print designs on tissue paper for a whole new way to decorate Easter eggs. From Say Yes:
11. This might be the easiest egg decorating idea out there: use Crayola markers + a sandwich baggie to create beautifully colored eggs. From It’s Always Autumn.
12. Adorable Minion eggs from A Pumpkin and a Princess:
13. Turn Easter eggs into cute little cactus plants with this tutorial from Delia Creates:
14. Here’s another super easy Easter egg decorating idea: Purchase brown or blue eggs and then use a white paint pen to add designs. Idea from Joy Ever After:
15. Seriously adorable! Floral wreath crowned eggs from Flax and Twine:
16. Ever thought of decorating eggs with SPRINKLES? Check out the tutorial at Studio DIY:
More Easter Egg decorating ideas
17. These lovely marbled indigo eggs from Alice and Lois are made with nail polish!
18. These galaxy eggs from A Crafted Passion are dyed with food coloring and vinegar to get a cool, space-inspired speckled look.
19. Another galaxy inspired egg decorating tutorial, this one from Dream a Little Bigger:
20. These Emoji eggs from Studio DIY crack me up!
21. Add lovely floral designs to your eggs in minutes using temporary tattoo paper! Instructions + printable designs from It’s Always Autumn.
22. Here’s another simple tie dye Easter egg decorating idea from A Little Pinch of Perfect, using markers and baby wipes.
23. Crafty Morning shows you how to color eggs with shaving cream or cool whip!
24. Another suuuper easy egg decorating idea: Washi tape eggs from Savvy Saving Couple
25. DIY Confetti eggs from Love the Day are just so pretty!
26. Frug Elegance shows you how to make modern black, white and gold eggs using Sharpies.
27. Craftbits gives you helpful hints for painting pretty watercolor flowers on your eggs.
28. Colorful yarn wrapped eggs from Craftbits
29. Love glitter? Check out these glitter decorated eggs from Sew and the City:
30. Decorate your eggs with bunny silhouettes using this easy Sharpie technique from Cutesy Crafts:
31. This rice shake egg decorating idea from Crafty Morning is much tidier than dipping eggs in dye and results in a cool speckled effect.
32. DIY Candy shows you how to decorate eggs with gold foil tattoos:
33. Print out your own tattoos to make Lego Easter eggs! From It’s Always Autumn:
There you have it – 33 Easter egg decorating ideas!
Looking for more Easter fun? Visit these posts: