In today’s post: 17 Easter family traditions to start this year.
As my kids get older I’m realizing more and more just how important the time we spend together is. My oldest will be headed to college soon, and I want him (and the rest of the kids) to have as many good memories of our family as possible once they move away! So today I’ve gathered up 17 fun Easter traditions you can start with your family. Some of the traditions will help your family focus on the true meaning of Easter, while others are just for fun. And the last one will even help you use up all those hard boiled eggs!
NOTE: If you’d like to pin an individual photo, please click through to the original post to do so. Feel free to pin the collage above to remember where to find all these ideas in one place.
The best Easter family traditions
1. Count down the days until Easter with this adorable plastic egg display from My Love for Words:
2. Make peeps s’mores! From Eclectic Recipes:
3. Add a new twist to your family egg hunt with glow in the dark eggs from Lil’ Luna:
4. Start a family tradition of making rainbow pancakes on Easter morning! from 71toes:
5. Teach about the true meaning of Easter with these empty tomb rolls from The Girl Who Ate Everything:
6. Play easter bingo from Crazy Little Projects:
7. Confetti eggs are a super popular Easter family tradition – learn how to make them from A Pumpkin and a Princess:
8. For a “magical” Easter family tradition, plant a jelly bean garden from My Frugal Adventures (little ones would think this is so much fun!):
9. Share the Easter story with items that represent the main events with these Easter scripture egg activity from Your Home Based Mom:
10. Show the kids the Easter bunny has visited by leaving bunny footprints. from Mathilda’s Market:
11. This 8 day walk with Christ from Inkablinka is a fantastic family tradition to start in the days leading up to Easter!:
12. Homemade peanut butter & chocolate eggs from It’s Always Autumn:
13. Easter scavenger hunt from Araba Joy:
14. Make graham cracker houses for Peeps! Idea from Kasey Buick:
15. Easter tree (with symbols of Christ) by Our Family Blog:
16. Italian Easter bread from Sprinkle Bakes:
17. Use up those hard boiled eggs in creamed eggs on toast for a classic Easter morning breakfast (this was one of our Easter family traditions growing up!) Recipe from It’s Always Autumn:
Looking for more Easter fun? Visit these posts: