In today’s post: Keep the kids busy and cool outside this summer with 25 fun water games.
Every summer I think my kids are going to spend all their time outside, exploring and learning and generally not being electronics-obsessed couch potatoes. But by 10 in the morning it’s so hot that none of us wants to be spend the day outside, at least not without a way to stay cool. So I’ve done some searching and found 25 awesome water games to play in the backyard. Now my kids can have outdoor fun without melting into puddles on the sidewalk. These games are a great alternative to indoor fun, and would also be perfect for summer birthday parties, family reunions, or VBS!
25 fun water games
1. Sponge bombs bucket toss from Inner Child Fun
2. Roll 6 and Splash from Toddler Approved
3. Water balloon toss from One More Moore
4. Pass the water from A Girl and a Glue Gun
5. Water balloon pinatas from Fabulessly Frugal
6. Water cup races from All for the Boys
7. Tipsy Waiter from The Creative Bite
8. Water balloon spoon race from Kara’s Party Ideas
9. Water balloon baseball from Overstuffed
10. Water balloon bash from Fireflies and Mud Pies
11. Water balloon volleyball from It’s Always Autumn
12. Water balloon catapult from Frugal Fun 4 Boys and Girls
13. DIY Dunk bucket from The Happy Housewife
14. Frozen t-shirt race from A Girl and a Glue Gun
15. Duck duck splash from Inspiration Made Simple
16. Homemade water slide from Happy Hooligans
17. Waterfall water wall from Playing by the Book
18. Sprinkler limbo from The Pinning Mama
19. Water balloon parachute from Fantastic Fun and Learning
20. Fish for marbles from Whimsy Love
21. Race soap boats from I Heart Naptime
22. Water balloon tic tac toe from It’s Always Autumn
23. Squirt down the tower from It’s Always Autumn
24. Fill the bottle from Whimsy Love
25. Frozen Superhero Slide from A Girl and a Glue Gun
If you have more fun water game ideas, leave them in the comments – thanks!
Looking for more summer fun? Check out 101 ideas for summer fun kids can do at home.