You guys know I like to wing it when it comes to sewing projects. Not because my sewing skillz are too cool for patterns, just because I’m usually too lazy for them. I have this idea that it will be easier to just cut and sew instead of taking the time to find a pattern online, print it out, tape it together, and cut it out. And when I don’t mess up, it sometimes IS easier to just wing it. But the problem is that I DO mess up, and then I wonder why in the world I didn’t save myself the hassle and just use a pattern. Especially when there are so many free patterns out there to choose from! Today I’ve rounded up 17 free t-shirt patterns you can print out at home so there’s no need for any unnecessary winging. Most are women’s patterns in a variety of sizes and styles, but there’s also one for men, one for toddlers, and a couple for kids too!
NOTE: As with all roundups, if you’d like to pin an individual photo, please click through to the original source to do so. Feel free to pin the collage above to remember where to find all these patterns in one place. Thanks!
1. The free Plantain Tee pattern by Deer and Doe includes two sleeves lengths and elbow patches. Comes in women’s S/M/L.
2. This free flared scoop top sewing pattern from Skirt as Top is a women’s S/M size.
3. The Easy Tee by It’s Always Autumn is designed to be the simplest way to sew a t-shirt, with no set in sleeves. Free pattern in women’s size L.
4. The Elise Tee from Fine Motor skills is a slouchy tee with a wide neckline in women’s sizes S/M/L.
5. The free Jersey Girl tee sewing pattern from Peppermint Mag (scroll down) comes in women’s S/M/L/XL and looks super cute with contrast sleeves!
6. The Hemlock Tee from Grainline Studio is a boxy tee with a dropped shoulder sleeve, in one size fits many.
7. The Fun Summer Tee from iCandy Handmade features a contrast back and a forward shoulder seam in women’s size M. Love the floral and stripe mix!
8. For a raglan sleeve (baseball style) tee, try the free Raglan Easy Tee pattern from It’s Always Autumn in women’s size L.
9. “The Tee” by SewingCake (found on Craftsy) includes round or v-neck options and comes in a variety of sizes including plus sizes.
10. Tanit-Isis Sews offers the Ariadne Tunic, with a scooped gathered neckline and keyhole back opening. XS-XL
11. For a dolman sleeve tee, check out the One Hour Top pattern from Fancy Tiger Crafts. XS-XXL
12. This wrap front top from So Sew Easy comes in a variety of women’s sizes and includes a video tutorial.
13. For toddlers, check out the free Day Camp t-shirt pattern from Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop in sizes 2T-5T.
14. Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom offers a free raglan tee pattern in kids’ sizes 4-8.
15. Another kids’ raglan sleeve pattern in sizes 18mo-6T comes from Nap Time Creations.
16. There’s even a free men’s tee shirt pattern from Melly Sews in size M (must sign up for newsletter to access pattern).
17. Finally, Mad Mim shares a thorough, easy to follow tutorial for making your own perfect fit tee pattern.
Any other great free tee patterns out there that I’ve missed?