In today’s post: Find 20 free t-shirt patterns so you can sew your own shirts at home!
You guys know I like to wing it when it comes to sewing projects. Not because my sewing skillz are too cool for patterns, just because I’m usually too lazy for them. I have this idea that it will be easier to just cut and sew instead of taking the time to find a pattern online, print it out, tape it together, and cut it out. And when I don’t mess up, it sometimes IS easier to just wing it. But the problem is that I DO mess up, and then I wonder why in the world I didn’t save myself the hassle and just use a pattern. Especially when there are so many free patterns out there to choose from! Today I’ve rounded up 20 free t-shirt patterns you can print out at home so there’s no need for any unnecessary winging. Most are women’s patterns in a variety of sizes and styles, but there’s also one for men, one for toddlers, and a couple for kids too!
NOTE: As with all roundups, if you’d like to pin an individual photo, please click through to the original source to do so. Feel free to pin the collage above to remember where to find all these patterns in one place. Thanks!
20 free t-shirt sewing patterns
1. The free Plantain Tee pattern by Deer and Doe includes two sleeves lengths and elbow patches. Comes in women’s S/M/L.
2. This free flared scoop top sewing pattern from Skirt as Top is a women’s S/M size.
3. This Classic Tee pattern in size L comes in short sleeve and elbow length sleeve, and this post shows you how to make it in a relaxed fit.
4. The Elise Tee from Fine Motor skills is a slouchy tee with a wide neckline in women’s sizes S/M/L.
5. For a fun twist on the classic tee, check out this Knot Front T-shirt from It’s Always Autumn, in size L/XL.
6. The free Jersey Girl tee sewing pattern from Peppermint Mag (scroll down) comes in women’s S/M/L/XL and looks super cute with contrast sleeves!
7. The Hemlock Tee from Grainline Studio is a boxy tee with a dropped shoulder sleeve, in one size fits many.
8. The Fun Summer Tee from iCandy Handmade features a contrast back and a forward shoulder seam in women’s size M. Love the floral and stripe mix!
9. For a raglan sleeve (baseball style) tee, try the free Raglan t-shirt pattern from It’s Always Autumn in women’s size L/XL.
And then learn how to add ruffle sleeves!
10. “The Tee” by SewingCake (found on Craftsy) includes round or v-neck options and comes in a variety of sizes including plus sizes.
11. The Easy Tee by It’s Always Autumn is designed to be the simplest way to sew a t-shirt, with no set in sleeves. Free pattern in women’s size L.
12. Tanit-Isis Sews offers the Ariadne Tunic, with a scooped gathered neckline and keyhole back opening. XS-XL
13. For a dolman sleeve tee, check out the One Hour Top pattern from Fancy Tiger Crafts. XS-XXL
14. This wrap front top from So Sew Easy comes in a variety of women’s sizes and includes a video tutorial.
15. For toddlers, check out the free Day Camp t-shirt pattern from Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop in sizes 2T-5T.
16. Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom offers a free raglan t-shirt pattern in kids’ sizes 4-8.
17. Another kids’ raglan sleeve pattern in sizes 18mo-6T comes from Nap Time Creations.
18. Here’s a tutorial from It’s Always Autumn that shows you how to draft a raglan t-shirt in any size!
19. There’s even a free men’s tee shirt pattern from Melly Sews in size M (must sign up for newsletter to access pattern).
20. Finally, Mad Mim shares a thorough, easy to follow tutorial for making your own perfect fit t-shirt pattern.
Any other great free tee patterns out there that I’ve missed?
Visit the sewing patterns index here at It’s Always Autumn for lots more free sewing patterns and tutorials!