In today’s post: Find loads of tutorials that show you how to make a picture frame in all different sizes and styles. DIY picture frames.
Pinterest is great for inspiration, but it can be pretty annoying when you’re looking for good, usable tutorials. Search for “DIY picture frame” on pinterest and you’ll end up with a bunch of awesome photos that link back to NOWHERE. I love the idea of learning how to make photo frames, so I spent some time scouring the internet, and today I’m highlighting 30 fantastic DIY picture frame tutorials. Each one links back to a real, live, helpful tutorial that will show you exactly how to make a picture frame of your own. Keep reading for photos and links.
30 DIY picture frames
1. First up is this awesome DIY photo frame by It’s Overflowing – it would be really easy to make one of these for each family member and update with a new photo every couple of months:
2. This tutorial from Shanty 2 Chic shows you how to make a picture frame with multiple layers of wood, again with a clip for easy photo changes:
3. These shaped cutout frames are very popular on Etsy, and Ginger Snap Crafts shows you how to make your own:
4. I love the simplicity of this DIY rustic twig frame from Angela Osborn – it would be a great project to work on with your kids:
5. Here’s another super simple option – this DIY picture frame from It’s Always Autumn is made with wood slats and looks fresh and graphic:
6. To learn how to make a classic mitered wood picture frame perfect for photos, chalkboard art, and printables, check out my super easy DIY wood picture frame tutorial:
7. This tutorial from Design Salon shows you to miter corners for your DIY picture frame using a hand saw instead of a miter saw, and includes info for framing an existing canvas:
8. This tutorial for a pretty DIY picture frame made from moulding includes tips on painting and glazing as well. It’s from Landee See, Landee Do:
9. Learn how to make a mitered corner picture frame with a professional looking wood border by Blue Roof Cabin:
10. Dear Lillie shows you how to make a pretty stained wood DIY picture frame with measurements for a large 24×36 print, plus tips on how to download and order printables:
11. if you’re looking for a way to frame a large photo collage, try this easy bulletin board photo wall approach from It’s Always Autumn:
12. How Does She teaches you how to make a plexi front photo frame, which would make a great gift:
13. This is a seriously creative idea – how about a statement photo frame made from a ceiling medallion? From Honeycomb Creative Co.:
14. This tutorial is actually for a mirror frame, but the same concept could easily be applied to a photo. How to make a planked wood picture frame from Thifty and Chic:
15. Here’s another mirror frame from Thrifty and Chic (this is a great blog, BTW) that would work well for a photo – all you’d need to do is trim a photo to size and adhere it to a circle cut from cardboard:
16. For a simple handmade photo frame for smaller photos, check out this frame from a book by It’s Always Autumn:
17. If you’re on a budget, try this simple DIY frame from Rad Megan that’s made from paper. You could get a completely different look using a different type of patterned paper – and her tutorial even includes a template for the cute frame stand:
18. This double sided DIY frame would look perfect on a mantle. It’s made from cardboard and the photos can be easily changed – I can envision it covered in different textures (even fabric!). Tutorial from Ohoh Blog:
19. I’m in love with these popsicle stick + washi tape DIY picture frames from eighteen25. Way to take a pretty cheesy kid’s craft and make it cool enough for adults!
20. Here’s an DIY photo frame idea from Oh Happy Day that shows you how to make a picture frame using photo mat, plexiglass, and tape – it would be perfect for framing a group of smaller photos or prints:
21. This one is another clipboard photo frame idea – DIY photo clipboards from Love Grows Wild:
22. Learn how to make these adorable glitter photo frames from …by Allison:
23. DIY Candlestick pedestal frames from Crafts Unleashed are a great way to display a group of photos:
24. Check out these wood burned photos frames from A Beautiful Mess:
25. Another adorable DIY frame idea from Shanty 2 Chic – big bow pictures frames with mini clothespins for easy photo changing.
26. This tutorial from Young House Love shows how to make a photo frame from scrap wood.
27. This cute DIY picture frame from Bliss Bloom Blog is decorated with flowers made from egg cartons!
28. For another simple DIY picture frame, try this folded paper frame from Inna’s Creations:
29. Sugar Bee Crafts shows you how to make a picture frame with craft foam!
30. And finally, here’s a great DIY option for really large photos from Sugar Bee Crafts
Hey, I hope you enjoy learning how to make your own picture frames from some of these tutorials!