It’s nearly Valentine’s Day! Ok, not really. It’s an entire month away, much to my poor kids’ chagrin. I’ve been working on Valentine’s projects for a few weeks, so they’re convinced it’s happening any day now. Sorry about that, kiddos. Anyway, today I’m sharing 20 fun DIY Valentine’s day tee shirt ideas that are simply fantastic. Most of them are very easy, many of them don’t require sewing, and there are even some great options for boys!
Note: as with all roundups, if you’d like to pin an individual project, please click through to the source to do so. You’re welcome to pin the large collage at the bottom of the post to remember where to find all these ideas in one place. Thanks!
1. So cute! I really want to make a cross stitch heart sweater like this one from Uber Chic for Cheap:
2. This big heart shirt I shared on Tuesday is so easy you’ll be done with it in 10 minutes.
3. For cute Valentine’s tees that can be worn after Valentine’s day too, check out these easy paint stamped shirts from The Pleated Poppy.
4. Add a sweet sentiment to a plain sweater with a simple crocheted chain. Tutorial by Caught on a Whim.
5. Cookie cutter heart shirt from Make It and Love It:
6. This ruffled heart dress is made from old t-shirts for a fun Valentine’s upcycle (also from Make It and Love It):
7. This fab sequin shirt from Say Yes! doesn’t even require sewing!
8. Spruce up a plain tee with these free printable valentine t-shirt transfers at Skip To My Lou:
9. I love the simple felt hearts on this mini boden inspired Valentine’s Day shirt from At the Picket Fence:
10. Get the j.crew look for less with “LOVE” graphic tee knockoff.
11. Here’s a great Valentine’s Day shirt idea for boys! Shirt from Just Another Day in Paradise:
12. Another great boy shirt from Just Another Day in Paradise:
13. Simple Real Moms has a tutorial for a shirt that would work for boys or girls using fabric spray paint:
14. I LOVE these sequin elbow patches Swell Mayde added to her shirt using liquid stitch:
15. This stenciled arrow shirt from Grey Luster Girl is an easy, trendy knockoff:
16. Delicate lace heart shirt from Do It Yourself Divas:
17. I have a little boy who would love this Valentine’s skull shirt from Sugarbee Crafts:
18. I like the graphic take on Valentine’s day arrows on these cute tees from The Crafting Chicks:
19. This easy robot appliqué is perfect for a little one’s first Valentine’s Day (from The Boy Trifecta):
20. For a cool, casual top, try making this glitter striped heart sweatshirt from Wobisobi: