In today’s post: These 20 cool origami tutorials will have you folding amazing origami designs in no time!
Origami is kind of like magic. You turn flat, boring paper into a three dimensional object using nothing but simple folds – it’s really pretty amazing. Kids love origami, and it’s a great way to keep them from going crazy on rainy days when they’re stuck inside. Origami can be a calming activity for adults, too. I like it for the same reason I like mowing the lawn: it’s something I can do that no one will undo within 15 minutes (heaven help me, I’ve swept my kitchen floor like 80 times already today!). Today I’ve gathered 20 cool origami tutorials for you. Most of them are fairly simple, with just a few offering a bit of a challenge, so most of them will be accessible for kids as well as adults. Enjoy!
NOTE: As with all roundups, if you’d like to pin an individual photo, please click through to the original source first. Feel free to pin the collage image above to remember where to find all these tutorials in one place! – thanks!
20 cool origami tutorials
1. Print + fold origami bookmarks by It’s Always Autumn
2. Easy stars from paper strips at the Minna May Blog:
3. Tiny bypyramid boxes from Mr. Printables:
4. Pretty origami flowers from What Will We Do Today:
5. Cool origami accordion balls from Minieco:
6. Business card holder from How About Orange:
7. Tessellated bracelets from Fiber Lab (an etsy store that sells amazing origami paper lamp shades and home decor). Scroll down to find the link to the instructions:
8. Origami Easter bunnies from Gathering Beauty:
9. Super easy folded house that kids can decorate and play with from tuts+:
10. Cool origami paper cube video tutorial on Between the Lines:
11. Video tutorial for the sweet folded origami dresses from WeddingMagazineUK:
12. Simple origami jumping frogs from It’s Always Autumn:
13. Dollar bill t-shirt from Doodlecraft Blog:
14. Gorgeous origami butterflies from The Things She Makes:
15. These little frames are not technically origami, since you have to cut the paper first, but they’re too cool not to include! Look for the black circle at the end of the post to download the template. From Kreativ Buehne:
16. Easy origami envelopes from Gathering Beauty
17. Basic origami boat from My Kids’ Adventures:
18. This tutorial for origami paper hearts is in German, but there’s a great diagram that looks simple enough to follow. from K. Design:
19. Cute origami bear from All For The Boys:
20. Easy origami treat boxes from Vitamini Handmade: