In today’s post: Find all sorts of fun and easy art projects for kids that turn out pretty enough to frame!
As a mom, I love just about any art projects my kids make, whether it’s colored macaroni glued onto construction paper or a painted pinecone covered in glitter. Ok, that’s not completely true – glitter is evil and the bane of my existence – but in general my mom heart is just going to love whatever my kid just made. However, I especially love cool kids art that ends up looking, well, really cool! Today I’m sharing 20 different easy art ideas for kids or adults that are guaranteed to turn out beautiful (no offense, macaroni painting).
20 art projects for kids
1. Did you know rubbing alcohol can turn scribbles into marbled art? Get some inexpensive white tiles and let the kids go to town with this easy art idea! Get all the details from It’s Always Autumn:
2. My kids LOVE using my punches. This cool kids art starts with punched circles from different scraps of paper that get arranged into a grid to make a fun modern art piece. Click through to MerMag to see how it turns out.
3. These easy stained glass paintings are made with washable kid paint, wax paper, and a bottle lid – so cool! Learn how at Happy Hooligans.
4. These floating chalk prints are one of the coolest art projects for kids that I’ve seen! Get the tutorial from Picklebums.
5. Start by drawing a monster, then add “fur” by blowing paint around with a straw. All ages of kids will have fun with this one! (Hint: get a roll of kraft paper to line your table with from the Dollar Store.) Tutorial from Picklebums.
6. This easy art is made with tissue paper and water – that’s it! Learn how at It’s Always Autumn.
7. This pulled string art from Tinker Lab is a great art project for kids or adults! I love how the beautiful patterns kids can create resemble a bouquet of flowers.
8. Buggy and Buddy shares this cool art idea for kids: faux stained glass.
9. The scratch art mandalas from The Kitchen Table Classroom are easy enough for kids but turn out really pretty:
10. This crumpled paper art turns out so pretty and all you need is construction paper and watercolors! Tutorial from Buggy and Buddy.
More art ideas for kids
11. Even preschoolers can make these pretty marbled planets from I Heart Crafty Things using shaving cream and craft paint.
12. I love how cute and colorful these paper plate flowers turn out. Fun kid’s art idea from Pink Stripey Socks.
13. Make your own paintbrushes for pretty textures with this fun tutorial from Learn Create Love.
14. These rocks turn out gorgeous – pretty enough to set out on a shelf with other knickknacks. All you need is paint and an inexpensive salad spinner! Learn more about this easy art idea from Meri Cherry.
15. Did you know kids can create gorgeous watercolor backgrounds with Crayola markers and a plastic bag? This art idea is SUPER easy and tons of fun. Visit It’s Always Autumn to get the instructions + quotes you can print on the pretty watercolor backgrounds.
16. I want to make this! It looks like a modern art piece, but was made by a kid with a credit card! Find the tutorial at Housing a Forest.
17. This Monet-inspired art project is made completely from fingerprints, which is pretty cool. Visit The Crafty Classroom for instructions.
18. I used to love coloring on paper doilies as a kid, but these painted versions from Whatever… turn out so pretty!
19. Visit Childhood 101 to learn how even very young kids can make these pretty paintings with food coloring and bubble wands.
20. Finally, this last kid art project uses a pencil eraser to create a gorgeous flower while teaching about pointillism. Learn more at Momtastic.
More kid activities:
If you’re looking for more kid activities, visit this post: 50 activities for kids
Or visit the kid’s craft + activity archives