A few weeks ago I shared 101 ideas for keeping your kids happy and busy this summer, and today I’ve teamed up with 9 other bloggers to share 100 more summer fun ideas.
I’m sharing 10 things to sew for summer, and on each of the other participating blogs you’ll find 10 more summer ideas – crafts, projects, recipes, and more! So turn on the sprinkler for the kids, find a comfy spot in the shade, and get ready for some serious summer inspiration. You’ll find links to all the other blogs at the end of my list!
1. easy DIY swim coverup | give your little girl a little extra sun coverage (and modesty) on days she’s hanging out in a suit with this so-easy coverup made from a women’s tee.
2. make your own maxi dress (with sleeves!) | Tired of all the sleeveless versions of maxi dresses you find at the store? Me too! Make you own version with cap sleeves using this simple tutorial.
3. the Adelaide Romper | For the cutest vintage-inspired little girl’s outfit you’ve EVER seen, check out my review of the Adelaide Vintage Romper pattern.
4. DIY felt monsters | for a fun mom&me activity, let your little one choose from 5 different monsters and 15 different accessories included in the free pattern, then stitch up a new friend.
5. stuffed animal sleeping bag | Headed out on any trips this summer? Make sure your child’s favorite stuffed animal is ready to join you with this super-simple sewing tutorial (it’s all straight lines!).
6. circle skirt tips & tricks | Summer means skirt weather, and this post will help ensure your first circle skirt project is a success.
7. the easy tee & variations | If you’re looking for a good beginner sewing project and need some more summer tees, the “easy tee” is for you! Find instructions for a very easy basic tee, plus lots of variations.
8. the one seam maxi dress | It can be hard to find time to sew in the summer, so keep things quick with this pretty maxi dress that only requires a single seam!
9. girl’s white lace blouse | Learn to sew a lightweight blouse for a little girl in any size, perfect for summer days and summer photos.
10. skirt with attached shorts | Keep your active little girl covered with a skirt that has attached shorts underneath (made from a men’s tee).
Hooray for summer sewing! Remember, for 90 more summer crafts, projects, and recipes, visit the blogs below.
A Glimpse Inside | A Night Owl Blog | Bombshell Bling | Clean and Scentsible | Cherished Bliss | Domestically Speaking | Sweet Rose Studio | Sweet C’s Designs | Yellow Bliss Road | The Lily Pad Cottage